Have you ever walked into a store and noticed a bright, attention-grabbing display showcasing products or promotions? That’s digital signage in action. But what is digital signage? It’s the digital screens that people use to display content such as text, videos, or images either to advertise, inform, or entertain.
You can use digital signage in various ways. Whether you want to inform about or promote a product or entertain customers as they wait. Using it can help you enhance your customer experience while increasing engagement and driving sales.
Today, we’ll dive into the world of digital signage and see how it is beneficial for your business. What better than the latest trends in digital signage if you want to learn all about it or implement it in your business?
Let’s get started.
Digital Signage Trends 2023
Digital Out-of-Home Ads
Do you know about Digital out-of-home (DOOH) advertising? This is a hot trend that places digital displays in public areas. For example, billboards, bus shelters, and shopping malls.
Why are businesses jumping on the DOOH bandwagon? Here’s why:
- More Engagement: The eye-catching and dynamic ads quickly grab the attention of prospective customers. Due to the placement of DOOH ads in high-traffic areas, they can reach a wider audience.
- Greater Flexibility: Change your ads in real-time. Is there a change in trends or events? Change your messaging right there. You can also customize your ads based on the location or time.
- Improved Measurement: Simply track important metrics such as views, engagement, and foot traffic. Thus, optimize your campaigns and improve ROI.
But what do DOOH ads actually look like?
- Interactive Ads: DOOH ads are more interactive since they use touchscreens and motion sensors. For example, a makeup brand might create an ad that allows customers to virtually try on different shades of lipstick.
- Personalized Ads: Using data such as weather or traffic patterns, DOOH ads can be customized to the location and time of day. For instance, a coffee chain might display an ad for iced coffee on a hot day.
- Dynamic Ads: You can program DOOH ads to change based on external factors such as weather or social media trends. For example, on a sunny day, a car manufacturer might display an ad for a convertible, but when it rains, they can switch to an SUV.
- Real-Time Ads: Take your DOOH campaigns to the next level with real-time ads. Platforms like Korbyt help you add current event–related ads in real time such as that for a major event happening in your city. Also, you can segment and bid on ad space in real time which will help you reach the right audience at the right time. The more the impact, the better your ROI.
Growth of Holographic Ads
Spruce things up with holographic ads. Don’t know what they are? If you have ever seen 3D images floating in mid-air, then that’s what they are. A widely embraced trend for a reason, holographic ads use modern projection technology and are highly irresistible. They will certainly catch the eye of every passerby and leave an impact that lasts.
Implement them and see:
- Increased engagement: The 3D nature of these ads makes them hard to ignore, and that’s why people engage more with them.
- Higher ROI: Display multiple ads at once and, therefore get a higher return on investment.
- Versatility: Use holographic ads in various settings. For example, use them in your retail store, at an event, or in your outdoor space.
Some examples of businesses using holographic ads include:
- Adidas: The sports brand used holographic ads in its flagship store in London to showcase its latest shoe designs.
- Mercedes-Benz: The luxury car brand used holographic ads in a mall in Sydney to promote their new S-Class Sedan.
- Red Bull: The energy drink company used holographic ads in a street marketing campaign to create a buzz around its product.
Holographic ads are only going to become more popular over time. It is predicted that the global Holographic Display Market will cross US$ 13.0 billion in revenues by 2032.
You have seen bar codes on your favorite books, right? And then came the square-shaped QR codes that look no less than a jigsaw puzzle. You see them everywhere; the stores you visit, restaurants you eat at, the products you purchase, and the ads you see. What are they? They are Quick Response codes; barcodes but two-dimensional.
QR codes store your information such that a smartphone camera can identify it on scanning. QR codes are nothing new, but their popularity increased especially during and after the COVID-19 pandemic. Businesses are continuing to use them for several reasons:
- Provide customers with instant information about anything from a product to a service.
- Contactless way of transaction, which ensures hygiene.
- Easy to add on any marketing material or other places, be it posters, product packaging, or even cabs.
Why use QR codes in your digital signage?
- Provide customers with quick access to product information or loyalty rewards and deliver exceptional customer experiences.
- Get valuable insights on the number of people who scanned the code, products gaining popularity, and how effective your brand is in customer engagement.
- Go pocket-friendly as there is not much investment involved, and you can easily display them in your store, which increases your sales.
Platforms like Korbyt help you do just that. Embed QR codes into your digital signage content and improve your brand’s overall effectiveness.
Bonus: Korbyt excels in measurement and instrumentation, especially when it comes to interactive kiosks and signage. Don’t you think it would be the ultimate enhancement if your digital signage solution not only provided you with interactive and engaging content but also allowed you to measure its impact and optimize it in real time?
Here’s an interesting fact: QR code scanning is expected to touch 99.5 million in 2025—showing a 19% increase from 2022 data.
Digital Signage in Metaverse
Heard about Metaverse yet? Well, it’s the next best thing in the digital sector. Metaverse is driven by virtual reality (VR), which is something that delivers immersive experiences to users while allowing them to interact with digital objects. Can you imagine how it will transform your customer experience when your ads make use of it?
Using Metaverse, you can showcase your products inside out in a virtual environment. Isn’t that amazing? It’s a wholesome experience for customers before they actually hit the Buy button.
Let me share an example:
Gucci, the famous luxury fashion brand, launched a virtual store for a gaming platform called Roblox. Now, when you visit that virtual store, you can see all their latest collections like you are actually at the store.
So, why Metaverse again?
Because Metaverse and digital signage together can just change the whole game. As a brand, you can engage with customers more realistically (though virtually *wink* *wink*), and give them more interactive experiences altogether.
And why even stop there when investing in platforms like Korbyt allows you to incorporate all the feature functionality for players into any world? That’s right. Korbyt can integrate with any platform including Metaverse and you can incorporate any feature for players through a virtual player with just an API call. So, start engaging with your customers in a new and exciting way today.
Facial Recognition Screens for Corporate Businesses
Are you tired of remembering multiple passwords or carrying access cards to enter your office premises? Facial recognition technology has come to your rescue! With the advent of facial recognition screens for corporate businesses, you can now simply walk up to the entrance and have your face scanned to gain access. This technology provides a seamless experience and increased security, as only authorized personnel can enter the premises.
Facial recognition screens are digital displays that use facial recognition technology to identify individuals and display personalized content. This technology has been in development for a while, but it has recently become more accessible and affordable, allowing businesses to use it for a variety of purposes.
Facial recognition screens offer a range of benefits to corporate businesses, such as:
- Personalized content: The ability to identify individuals and display personalized content can help businesses create more engaging and targeted marketing campaigns.
- Increased engagement: Facial recognition screens can capture people’s attention and keep them engaged with the content.
- Enhanced security: By using facial recognition technology, businesses can better secure their premises and ensure that only authorized personnel are granted access.
- Data collection: Facial recognition technology can also be used to collect valuable data on consumer behavior, allowing businesses to refine their marketing strategies.
Here are some examples of how facial recognition screens have been used in the corporate world:
- Welcome screens: Facial recognition screens can be used to welcome visitors and display personalized messages or directions to their meeting locations.
- Marketing campaigns: Businesses can use facial recognition screens in marketing campaigns to display personalized content based on the individual’s demographics, preferences, and purchase history.
- Employee management: Facial recognition screens can be used to track employee attendance and monitor their movements throughout the building.
Facial recognition technology can help businesses increase their security measures in various ways, including:
- Access control: Facial recognition screens can be used to grant access to restricted areas, ensuring that only authorized personnel can enter.
- Real-time monitoring: Facial recognition technology can provide real-time monitoring of individuals in the building, allowing security personnel to detect and respond to potential threats quickly.
- Improved surveillance: Facial recognition technology can be integrated with other surveillance systems, such as CCTV cameras, to provide a more comprehensive security solution.
There are platforms that are already using this technology. Korbyt is one that treats your privacy as their first priority and does not store your pictures or use recognition to get ROI in signage. Its machine learning algorithms can identify which content applies to your audience and show them more of what they’re interested in. You can measure how long people are dwelling on certain content and adjust your content accordingly, just as Amazon’s algorithms work.
Also, Korbyt’s advanced analytics create that “aha moment” for you as you see how powerfully personalized content engages your customers and increases your ROI.
Rise of Touchscreen Innovation
Have you ever walked into a store and seen a product demo on a touchscreen? Or used a touchscreen to customize your order at a fast-food restaurant? Touchscreens have become ubiquitous in our daily lives, and the trend is only increasing.
Touchscreen innovation is the evolution of digital signage that allows customers to interact with screens using their fingertips. This innovation is revolutionizing the way customers interact with brands and is reshaping the customer journey.
The benefits of touchscreen innovation are manifold:
- Interactive experience: Touchscreen innovation offers an interactive experience that can engage customers and keep them hooked on the brand.
- Personalization: Touchscreens allow customers to customize their experience by selecting their preferences and viewing product details.
- Improved customer journey: Touchscreens can help streamline the customer journey by reducing wait times and providing relevant information to customers.
- Data collection: Touchscreens provide a wealth of data on customer preferences and behavior, which can help brands tailor their marketing efforts.
Touchscreen innovation has been implemented in various settings, including:
- Retail: Touchscreens are used in retail stores to provide customers with product demos, virtual catalogs, and interactive displays.
- Hospitality: Touchscreens are used in restaurants, hotels, and airports to provide customers with menus, self-check-in options, and wayfinding.
- Education: Touchscreens are used in classrooms and museums to provide interactive learning experiences.
- Healthcare: Touchscreens are used in hospitals and clinics to provide patients with educational material and self-check-in options.
Touchscreens are not only limited to retail stores, but they are also used in educational institutions to create an interactive and engaging learning environment. In addition, touchscreens can be used to simplify the purchasing process, allowing customers to easily find what they need and place orders on their own.
You already know how different tools are advancing to raise the bar. So, when you partner with Korbyt, you witness how it makes everything interactive and touch-enabled. With its built-in product, Kiosk Builder, you can easily create a touch screen or kiosk experience.
Use features such as quizzes, surveys, and forms and collect relevant information from your customers or audience without hassle. Deliver personalized experiences and let your audience keep coming back for more. Korbyt has got you covered whether you want to improve your customer journey or provide self-check-in options at a hotel or even at your manufacturing facility.
Live Data Broadcast on Digital Signage
How important is it for you to keep your manufacturing facilities updated with the latest safety protocols and best practices? Do you agree that it’s crucial for all employees to have access to important safety information, regardless of their location within the facility?
Then live data broadcast is what you are looking for.
With live data broadcast on digital signage, you can display safety protocols throughout all locations, from production to lab facilities. Keep everyone updated with the latest best practices in seconds, and show documents, videos, and presentations on screens for maximum retention of safety standards. Plus, in case of any emergency, you can display customized evacuation and alerts per screen, ensuring everyone stays safe.
But that’s not all. By leveraging the power of live data broadcast on digital signage, you can also:
- Communicate urgent messages about hazards, health, and safety tips
- Send reminders to wear personal protective equipment
- Display evacuation plans, emergency alerts, and other life safety notifications in real time
- Assist HR and key stakeholders by announcing health screenings, flu shots, and more
And thanks to tools such as Korbyt. You can leverage a wide range of formats from legacy technology to modern IP TV streaming. For a manufacturer, it makes it easy to seamlessly integrate live streaming into your existing infrastructure. With live data broadcast on digital signage in your manufacturing units, you can improve communication and collaboration, increase productivity, and enhance your overall employee experience.
Don’t let workplace accidents cost your company time and money. Keep your employees safe and informed at all times.
Catch the Eye, Capture the Sale: Embrace The Future of Digital Signage
Congratulations! You’ve made it to the end of this exciting journey into the world of digital signage. We hope that by reading this article, you now have a better understanding of the latest trends and innovations in digital signage that are shaping the future of advertising and marketing.
As we’ve seen, digital signage has come a long way since its early days, and it’s clear that it’s not going anywhere. With new technologies emerging every day, the possibilities for digital signage are endless, and we can only imagine what the future holds. By embracing these trends and technologies, you can stay ahead of the game and create an unforgettable experience for your customers.
So, what are you waiting for? It’s time to take your digital signage to the next level!